Wednesday, September 07, 2016

The long Thursday morning: My last Bouchercon 2016 book arrives

The book I'll need to complete preparation for the panel I'll moderate at Bouchercon 2016 next week arrived today. 

The novel is The Long Saturday Night by Charles Williams, the panel is called "From Hank to Hendrix: Beyond Chandler and Hammett: Lesser Known Writers of the Pulp and Paperback Original Eras," and, for the third straight year, preparation for the "Beyond Chandler and Hammett" panel has expanded my idea of what crime fiction is.

This year's version includes four of today's sharpest, savviest crime writers talking about their favorite crime writers of the past: Eric Beetner on William P. McGivern and Charles Williams, Martin Edwards on Michael Gilbert, Rick Ollerman on Peter Rabe and Jada Davis, and Gary Phillips on Clarence Cooper Jr., with a word or two on Gil Brewer.
===========================
"From Hank to Hendrix: Beyond Chandler and Hammett: Lesser Known Writers of the Pulp and Paperback Original Eras" happens Thursday, Sept. 15. at 9 a.m.,  at the Marriott, 555 Canal St., New Orleans. The room is LaGalleries 1. See you there.

© Peter Rozovsky 2016

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mybillcrider said...

Jada Davis brother, Jack, was my collaborator on my Nick Carter novel.

September 07, 2016  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Ay, caramba. Do you know Rick Ollerman? You and he ought to talk about Jada Davis in New Orleans. I'll eavesdrop. (You must know Rick, since I think you've written some introductions for Stark House Press.)

September 07, 2016  
Blogger mybillcrider said...

Yes, I know Rick. We met at the B'con last year.

September 08, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home